View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone doing Carlisle this spring? P&S and/or Import & Kit Nationals?

I'm probably going to do both weekends (just Fri-Sat). Anyone else planning on going?

Both events cost $65 to attend if you want to be judged. $50 if you're parking on the field (non-judged) and $20 if you're just going to look at cars and not show.

http://store.carlisleevents.com/

Performance and Style
http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=22
When: May 11th and 12th
What it is: Caters to the younger (forgive me) "ricer" crowd. You'll see some really nice custom rides. There's an autox and drifting competition although I think they may have taken drifting out after last year. You used to be able to camp out on the fairgrounds on Fri night but that got a little...wild so they nixed it. Fri night is usually a big party. There are some really fun bars in town and there are usually car related events. Last year there were like 12 Audi R8s parked in front of the movie theater. It was cool.
Lodging: We are planning on staying at the luxurious Motel 6 on the outskirts of Carlisle (conveniently located near a WaWa) that sells beer and ice. Cost to stay here here is about $60.00 per-night.

***I WILL RESERVE HOTEL ROOMS BASED UPON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO CONFIRM. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ROOM, FOOD AND GATE FEES***

Plan will be to book a string of adjacent motel rooms, head down Friday afternoon and wait for people to arrive. Then we'll all go out to dinner at one of the cool local bars and check out the cars. Saturday morning, we'll head to the fairgrounds and park as a group.

Registration for P&S
1) Dmhenderson - confirmed motel room, not sharing.
2) Aniceh - confirmed motel room, not sharing.
3) XwChriswX
4) Mykindaguise
5) dmhenderson's WRX friend
6) FPenvy - confirmed motel room

Import & Kit Car Nationals
http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=23
When: May 17th, 18th and 19th (all 3 days)
What it is: This is an older crowd. You'll score more points for having your car clean & bone stock than heavily modded. Similar party crowd on Fri night only there are events at the fairgrounds as well. This year is very likely to have a fairly large Z showing as they have cancelled a competing show (forget which one).

Registration for I&K
1) Dmhenderson

***IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND EITHER EVENT AND BE PART OF THE GROUP, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE OP***

Last edited by dmhenderson; 03-30-2013 at 03:28 PM.
dmhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote