View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #133 (permalink)
The Dimer
Track Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
The Dimer has a spectacular aura aboutThe Dimer has a spectacular aura about

I was driving my old car (Mitsubishi 3000GT) down to Florida for spring break my senior year of college. There were a couple cars and we were just convoying down from Purdue. Driving down the highway by Ashburn, Georgia I was leading and got nailed for doing 89 in a 70 through a "construction zone." I put that in quotes because there were no signs or even cones out.

Got hit with a $555 ticket, apparently Ashburn is notorious for crazy high tickets. Then a month later I got a letter from the state of Georgia telling me that my offense constituted a "super speeder" fine of an additional $200.

I didn't have time to take off of school and didn't want to pay a lawyer to go as a proxy, so I forked over the $755 and went on with life. Switched insurance companies last year a found out that the ticket isn't even on my record, at least not in Illinois, so I just pretend the high price was an "off the record" fine.