View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #8305 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
You know what... I'm sick of sexy time being the ultimate reward - don't get me wrong, I love it just as much or more so than the next guy/gal. But, to be honest, I've had many great meals leave me as comatose as a good romp in bed

( Click to show/hide )
I think I may just be saying this out of spite for my wife right now tho

If I had water but hadn't eaten substantially for a month, I would still rather spend a night with her in bed than eat substantially for the next month
I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Ok, so I made right with my better half - I'm a dumba$$ sometimes, especially when I get a few cocktails in me, and I know just how to push her buttons. I certainly didn't want her to go to bed mad for something this stupid

Got Photoshop installed, printer driver installed, printed out a revised Z logo (slightly smaller - better fit imo) for the start button. Since I wanted just the Z to glow and Tracie, wanted just the Z in black, I was able to kill two birds with one stone

Hers has three coats of Krylon Fusion gloss (I have satin, too, if you prefer, Tracie - just let me know). Mine has two coats of adhesion promoter and three coats of KAD. I will have to clear coat them as well, though it will probably be tomorrow sometime since the garage is now toxic I also plan to pick up some buffing compound (Meguiar's Ultimate Compound seems to be a good choice here), which I did not have for my original attempt. I am hoping this will give it a cleaner finish

( Click to show/hide )

Yeah... definitely going to do the clear tomorrow... just going downstairs I could smell the paint. And going into the garage to snap these two pics (very quickly) made me surprisingly light-headed. I think that's part of the reason the pics look a little screwy - they look much better in person.

Unfortunately, the Z is going to have to sit outside in the driveway for the night. I'm not too worried about someone stealing her without the start button
Thanks Jar! Glad to hear things are good.

Morning peeps. I'll be dragging myself out of bed soon and getting ready to visit an audio shop to practice my sales pitch.
Let's see what other trouble I can get into.