Thread: Pad knockback
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

And here's the crux of the issue they present (stoptech's site) that I have a problem with.

Why would the area where the caliper be angled...why would it flex that way? Brake rotors are spinning, if anything they would turn concave or convex...which we know isn't possible. Even in their diagram, they show the hub portion as being angled - last I checked, either the wheel bearings on a spindle (old school), or the lugs / wheel hub (new school) prevent that from happening. Either way, if what they show is happening, you don't have your tires bolted on right, or, your wheel bearings are failing.

Even if you suggest that it's lateral forces and that I'm blind because of XYZ reason - look where our calipers are mounted. They aren't on top. Not possible.

Last edited by kannibul; 09-26-2009 at 07:48 PM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote