Thread: load index
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
Ok im not arguing with you on these points, im just wanting explanation why it is that when you do a search on tires.com and put your information in on the website that the load ratings are different from one tire to the next as far as load rating goes. Case in point, for stock rim and tire setup on the Z here is a list:Falken 98y front 96y rear, BFG 98y front 96y rear, Yokohama S Drive 94y front 96y rear, Re760 Bridgestone 98y front and 100y rear.

Also, I looked at the OP and researched the load numbers. Again it WON'T matter due to the fact that each tire at 96 is capable of 1565lbs, so x4 and that gives you a total load capacity of 6260. Gross vehicle weight on our car is 3232. max payload on our cars if im not mistaken is around 600lbs? I am kindly stating sir that you are incorrect when referencing passenger car tires to sportscar tires.
As i stated, my .02. Take it or leave. Manufacturer specs is what they are for a reason. If you don't like it, you can find a shop that doesn't care either. Good thing there isn't any extra forced pushed onto the tires when you hit potholes, bumps, dips, or lips in the road that cause extra compression on your tires in quick bursts....... Lucky..... Kinda like saying, a 200 lb man jumping is only landing at 200lbs of force.

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....

Last edited by chrischhorn; 02-01-2013 at 01:52 PM.
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote