View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #88 (permalink)
djpheer
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
djpheer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
So I am reading some say its a crank position sensor, some a engine temp sensor, and some saying it's a leak in the fuel injectors.

My 1 year old Altima with 48K on it, randomly it will start but not until after cranking for 2-3 seconds. It's rare that it happens (2 times in almost 4 months) . It could be first thing in the morning or later after I have been driving. Thoughts on what I should try first?

The theorys of crank position sensor and engine temp sensors were just that. Theorys. The fix for this issue has been found and it is leaky fuel injectors. Have the dealership test each injector individually for leaks. Keep in mind however that this is only if you are experiencing the exact issue as we have. There could be many reasons for your car not starting properly, but the particulars of this issue have been documented in this thread by me, zero610, bclarke, gearhead (who ultimately provided the fix) and a few others.

Check out my youtube video that I posted earlier in this thread for an example of the problem so that you can see if yours is similar. Good luck!

Here is my video of the issue and a description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGpdqrRNR2s

Last edited by djpheer; 02-01-2013 at 08:19 AM.
djpheer is offline   Reply With Quote