Thread: load index
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

I work at Costco and we are very strict about load ratings. Basically match manufacturer specs or higher. Lower load rating will make you more prone to pot hole wheel damage and blow outs from those pot holes. You think 88lbs isn't a lot? X4 and you're basically 350lbs short of correct support. Not only that but your tires won't wear right as it can only be inflated so much. Over inflate to compensate and now your running the risk of bubbling the sidewalls in potholes or a blowout but a lot of people do run lower load rating tires. To each their own but I'm fine searching for tires that need meet the load rating. The reason load ratings vary is cause a lot of Mercedes, VW and BMW need XL (extra load) tires to properly support the vehicle. This limits their choices but its comes with the vehicle and the extra weight that comes with them. Just my .02

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote