View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure many of us this forum, learned how to drive a manual trans car when we finally purchased one. I know I did, drove a 4 on the floor Toyota Corona back in the day. Yes, I'm sure you have no idea what that car is (LOL), as I'm an older fella.

You're correct, a manual Z is not that hard to drive as the torque in the car doesn't require you to be spot on pressing the gas. It's actually pretty hard to stall this car and even starting up hills isn't that bad. To make it a little easier, get the clutch helper spring as an early mod, it's only $20 on here and it gives you a better feel for the clutch.

Don't think you can go wrong either way getting an auto or mt. However I say get the mt to get that out of your system. Otherwise you'll always have that little voice in the back of your head saying, I wonder what the manual would feel like. Good luck on your decision and welcome to the club!
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote