View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #89 (permalink)
darli328
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
darli328 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondoc View Post
You don't sound arrogant, you sound like you are assuming you know something that you do not.

According to Stillen the ECU programming changes every year and so Stillen's tune has to change as well.
According to Stillen - the 2012 tune will not work with any year but the 2012, and so on.
The 2013 was a new ECU for them. I had to buy the UpRev cable and software before the SC kit, and do a ROM dump so that Stillen could "Crack" the ECU code. Thy did so and said the tune would be 80% good to go. It was not, the car would not run at first. Then there was an install problem with the TBA, that was ultimately solved. Finally the car came home stalling every time I would decelerate to below 20mph. Stillen had a fix for that and the fix was included in the original kit. It is a shield that covers the air flow sensors to reduce turbulence. It did not fit the 2013 because of the change in the bumper. Rather than modify it to fit, my installer assumed it was superfluous and did not install it. Stillen would not even discuss the issue further until the shield was installed. They were correct. The shield had to be significantly modified to fit the 2013, but when installed it solved the problem.
Ahh, I had no idea they change the ECU every year. I knew I was missing something, thanks.
Just curious, am I the only one that doesn't want to mangle my car to make something fit? Maybe it's a pipe dream of mine to want parts to just bolt up without modifications... If anyone can't tell I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance
darli328 is offline   Reply With Quote