View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #88 (permalink)
elperuano
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: G37S
elperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing that the inferior Stillen kit still gets this much play.

The main reason everyone goes for this kit is because with the Stillen SC and Stillen tune it's supposedly still keeps "warranty". For everyone that went this route they quickly realized the cost wasn't worth what the Stillen SC provided. The Stillen tune is complete garbage. You can almost make the same with the most mods people go with anyway i.e. exhaust intake tp/HFC and an Osiris tune.
Once people realized Stillen tune was garbage, to save face they threw the warranty out the window and went with a custom tune. Even then the gains for what ur paying is minimal.
Every Stillen owner will want more power and this is where it keeps adding up money wise. Buying different pulleys, brackets, upgrading this and that. Few posts above me this guy has to run a water/heater exchanger. It's always something este u have to upgrade or add to get little more HP out of it. I've seen direct meth injections on Stillen SC builds. It's comical. Also everytime they upgrade its straight back to the dyno for a few more pulls and redline tuning. Every Stillen owner has about 100 more dyno pulls and countless more hours at the local dyno shop than any other TT or single turbo owner out there. How's that for extra "safety and reliability" that they deceive u with.
Lastly in the end a MAJORITY of Stillen SC owners end up selling their kit and going with a TT or single set-up. I can count 3 off the top of my head. For the money pit it becomes you could save yourself a lot of grief n aggravation goin turbo.

I went stage 2 TT, os giken clutch, csc, exhaust, oil cooler and gauges. 1 time tune at Z1 and have never looked back. 1 dyno session is all I needed to achieve desired goal. And my kit is not what's holding me back for power, it's the stock block.
You guys should check out my350, they have lotta knowledge from people who tried the Stillen route. Be careful posting. They're not the same "yes" guys that I see around here a lot.
elperuano is offline   Reply With Quote