View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #83 (permalink)
darli328
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
darli328 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondoc View Post
I suspect that many of the negative comments you read about the Stillen tune were in this thread in response to my troubles being the first to do the Stillen SC on a 2013. (I have not read about any similar issues on 2009-2012 models).
There were troubles at the outset, but those issues have been resolved. I am at 395whp with snow tires with no attempts to improve on the Stillen tune - (I will have it re dyno'ed when the Summer tires and wheels go on).
It is my DD, it is reliable and seamless with roughly 1000 miles on the kit.
I will post issues if and when they occur, and do an update in any case when the kit has 5K on it.
Not to sound completely ignorant but what does having a 2013 have to do with anything in this case? Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't change anything other than the bumper/wheels right? And, neither of those would effect the Stillen SC. Also, a lot of the negative comments I've read about the Stillen SC are from a year or so ago. Mainly to do with how crappy the tune is, and how the install process requires you to cut/trim/bend pieces of your car. Personally I don't want to do that, I'd like something that doesn't require me to cut stock wires, bend and cut stock parts of the car to make something fit. But, I know this thread isn't about Stillen SC installation and I could be completely wrong on the install process.
darli328 is offline   Reply With Quote