View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #45 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
It's much less about IRS and much more about tires and a better shock package on the Camaro.

"Willow is very curvy. IRS will have the advantage."

Explain to me how?

IRS can typically achieve higher mid corner speeds than SRA (hello camber gain and bumpsteer), but solid axles have inherent advantages at corner entry and exit. It is generally very difficult to make an IRS system outperform a solid axle at all three points. The biggest difference between IRS/SRA on track is going to be the unsprung weight disadvantage of the solid axle.

IRS or not, the Camaro has the superior tire and shock package. There's no getting around that.

Oh, and I don't have a solid axle car anymore so don't call me a fanboi.
You lost me with the fanboi comment.

Your explanation is why i thought the camaro won. The track looked like it was designed where entry and exit was more important than midcorner speeds on this "particular track" It wasn't that it was curvy that gave the camaro the advantage, it was more like the type of curve. I know the mustang has "the advantage on many types of tracks. But Willow just looked like on film like IRS would have an advantage on that track.

I was specific in saying IRS had an advantage on "THAT" track, but you went and jumped the gun thinking I was generalizing. FANBOY REACTION!!!

Oh you're right about the camaro having a better shock and tire set-up and that is the GENERAL advantage on the camaro. Live axle is the general advantage of the mustang being a track car...

Sorry i didn't explain what i mean, when i said it's very curvy, maybe i should have elaborated but... Damn.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 01-31-2013 at 09:34 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote