View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 AM   #82 (permalink)
irondoc
Base Member

Drives: 13 370 6MT sport tou
irondoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darli328 View Post
Maybe I missed something, but how reliable is the stillen tune? I read through (and searched) here and read that it sucks and also read it's conservative. Does it suck because it doesn't make power or because it's not reliable or both? I'm looking into 50 state legal options for forced induction, I don't want to make ridiculous amounts power. Just a descent amount over stock and still be 50 state legal with somewhat stock reliability. Maybe it's a pipe dream, I have no idea.
I suspect that many of the negative comments you read about the Stillen tune were in this thread in response to my troubles being the first to do the Stillen SC on a 2013. (I have not read about any similar issues on 2009-2012 models).
There were troubles at the outset, but those issues have been resolved. I am at 395whp with snow tires with no attempts to improve on the Stillen tune - (I will have it re dyno'ed when the Summer tires and wheels go on).
It is my DD, it is reliable and seamless with roughly 1000 miles on the kit.
I will post issues if and when they occur, and do an update in any case when the kit has 5K on it.
irondoc is offline   Reply With Quote