View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #36 (permalink)
Nak4mura
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nismo370z
Nak4mura is on a distinguished road

I know what he is saying. I have had mine for 6 months and of course with any car there is a learning curve but I find that my initial 1st to 2nd is terrible I have tried many different techniques but to keep up with the automatic mini vans next to me from a dead stop at a traffic light I have to go pretty hard in first, engine noise drawing attention from everyone around and shift into 2nd pretty quickly. I don't think it should be that intense to just keep up with "Slow" cars. 2nd gear and beyond the car is Incredible and rockets just that initial start or short distance that can suck. I have noticed it is easier and smoother for me when not in sport mode if shifting is done well.

Maybe a few of us did just get unlucky and our tranny's are not as good as those of you who say that yours great. I am thinking I will go test drive one at a dealership and see if I notice a difference. For a long time I wondered if it was just me but I have read too many similar experiences.

I also picked up a nismo shift knob and surprisingly it makes a world of difference over the oem knob getting into gears smoothly.

I Love my Z and this wouldn't keep me from buying one again
Nak4mura is offline   Reply With Quote