View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #37 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpspc11 View Post
VA is tough, but it really depends on the county. In my misspent youth, I got a reckless driving ticket Fairfax county, which is has to be the toughest. I was going 92 in 55. I didn’t take it very seriously. My license was suspended at first, I then appealed and ended up w/a restricted license for 6 mos.

Judges want to see you pay, as in pay for a lawyer. Judges were once lawyers. My lawyer was around $800, the actual fine for the violation was only $160 or so.

Don’t fool yourself, this is a big deal. Get a layer. The cop will show up. Your previous tickets matter. Take a defensive driving course. Get you speedometer calibrated, then be prepared to have you *** handed to you. I pled no contest w/an explanation on my first time around, I plea-bargained on my appeal. You never know how it will end up, but prepare yourself for the worst and hope for the best.

Good luck.
Agreed that the cop will show up. You would have a chance if this was a small ticket, but not for this one. Hopefully you were really cool toward the cop, because that could make a difference in court.
dps, you think calibrating the speedo will matter for a 110mph ticket?