View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauge View Post
Just a fair warning, I have some CF and resin, and let me tell you. This isn't like working on your car. There is a fair degree of skill involved here. Try on something you don't care about first. Something easy like a flat board or something. I've actually done some CF stuff and I wouldn't trust myself enough to do my own car interior. I'm going to have Carbon Fiber Element do it.
This is my plan, I was thinking of ordering a decent size sheet of CF and testing it on just whatever is in my garage until I get my technique down. It seems to be a combination of painting and fabric work, both of which I've done. I'm confident that with some practice I can get it down well. Believe me, if I had the money CFE would be doing my whole car, but alas I'm broke as a joke right now. My wife is a flight attendant and makes up a little more than half of our income, and her company has just restructured the way they schedule people, and now a lot of employees are getting screwed, my wife included. She made about $1500 less this month than last month, and they've been making her drive to the airport every day and sit, so we've spent about $250 more this month on gas. The next few months look the same so far. To top it off, now taxes on my paycheck are ridiculous, my 401k just started deducting, and our car insurance doubled because of her recent accident. So basically, FML...
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote