View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
2theextreme
RIP Tony :( (1969-2015)

Drives: '14 Mustang GT/CS
2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supragtsxr View Post
To answer everyone's question...the speed limit was 55. I was going double that.
I'm pleased to say the car handles speed EXTREMELY well. However, my 5 seconds of fun (i mean litterally i was only on it for a few seconds) has completely screwed me over. Again, i dunno how i could be so stupid.
Ouch! I can only say this, back in 1990 I was going thru the glorious mountainous area of VA just before you cross into West VA. 7% down grade so you can just lift off the gas and the car will just keep on speeding up, which of course I did.

Hit the bottom of the hill and at 110 (in a 55) I passed two VA state police. I was done, and I knew it. I was going so fast that I actually went ahead and pulled over and when they came after me they almost passed me back!

End result? They gave me a ticket and actually let me go. Court result? I got no lawyer but I did bring a friend because I knew I wasn't going to be driving home. Police officer did show up. Judge suspended my license on the spot for 90 days & the total fines ran me almost $500.

Remember, that was almost 20 years ago..... Not trying to freak you out....just being honest about what happened to me. And no, that wasn't my first ticket and it hasn't been my last.