View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bonanni View Post
Honestly for me, this is my daily driver right now so I will likely just keep it off the track all together. Down the road if I am able to turn it into a dedicated track car then I would probably go with an aftermarket dual clutch setup with bias adjustment and bypass the ABS all together unless someone comes out with a programming fix.

I had my calipers re-built completely and have checked them periodically and still have the issue so I don't think that's the problem. I think what Downshift said about the pump burning up might be the key to why mine just keeps getting worse.
So wonder why mine was getting worse and worse and then when I put vacuum reservoir on circuit it stopped all together? Haven't had a single instance of ice mode since making that mod? That's only change I made to car as well. Same tracks, same tires, same pads. No ice. We use similar fix in Porsche world with fairly good success, but again ice mode in Porsche world isn't like ice mode we experience. At least with Porsches ice mode doesn't occur until you truly are at threshold and tires would be locked up and their system recovers more quickly than the system on370z. My experience with ice in 370 z prior to vaccum upgrade has been from initial application with car headed straight and I have had enough room to reapply and still nothing at all. Literally forces me to pitch car sideways to slow myself down.

I'm sure a burned out pump in some cars contributes to malfunctioning abs but I'm not sure that's our issue.

Also it's tough to compare a time trial car that takes limited stints on track to professionally driven endurance race cars on race slicks as well. That's a whole different world of stress on braking systems. Hell even racing systems fry in those environments.

Just wonder if spec 350z guys are running off tracks all the time like few stock abs system 370z track cars are. I know 350z had mild ice brake issue so does GTr but nothing like 370z.

Last edited by Shamu; 01-29-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote