View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #57 (permalink)
irondoc
Base Member

Drives: 13 370 6MT sport tou
irondoc is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=dansracing;2135224]......On MPG. Who cares? If your putting the power to the car and your spending the money for it, who cares what the MPG is.....
Point to the MPG calculation is that Stillen has made claims of improved MPG with the SC, and others have debated the issue here, so just posting my real world observation.
The bulk of what I have read here suggests that our engines can safely handle outputs up to mid 500's whp. As you stated, several of those running TT kits feel the Stillen SC does not provide enough of an increase in power. However my car is now at 395whp (Dynojet at 61 degrees F) with snow tires with no attempt to improve the tune for power.
Others seem to have achieved up to 440whp with additional tuning. Then there is of course the possibility of a 9 or 10 psi pulley (more?). I do not imagine I will want much more than what I could get from tweaking the Stillen kit down the road. Maybe someone who has truly maximized the Stillen kit can comment on what they have achieved.
Other Stillen advantages
1. 50 state CARB legal
2. 36 month - 36,000 mile warranty.
irondoc is offline   Reply With Quote