View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

I think most of us who have pushed these cars hard on track have experienced this issue. It's scary as hell. Especially those of us who threshold brake and trail brake.

Honestly I haven't experienced ice mode since putting large vacuum reservoir on stock braking system. I do think part of issue is vacuum related.

As far as bias when you disconnect abs. While yes bias goes to rear you can tune suspensions and brakes to work without car spinning. And it does take some modification of braking style.

I will be interested in what you do. I know race car up in Nor cal switched to expensive motorsports abs system. What are you thinking? I have heard that there might be ability to tune this out of stock system but no one is willing to take liability of doing this on stock system.

I think it's absolutely criminal that Nissan doesn't warn people about likelihood of this ice mode occurring in motorsports and prohibit track driving of these cars as part of warning to less experienced drivers. You and I and other experienced drivers have managed not to wad up car when this ice mode happens but how about less experienced driver who target fixates and doesn't know how to slow car down without brakes? I'm still convinced the car that magazine testers put into the wall when car was released experienced ice mode and not brake fade.

I'm also curious have you checked rear calipers and are they ok? No leaks etc. I had a stock caliper go bad which I think was contributing to ice mode issue as well.

Last edited by Shamu; 01-29-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote