View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pushing_Tin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E63 AMG
Pushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
1st thought: Hey, we both had sport tracs!
2nd thought: WTF happened to that sport trac?!?!

lol, story?
It happened when I lived in Anchorage Alaska. It was quite cold, but there hadn't been any new snow for a week or two, but there was a lot of black ice. Because there was mainly bare pavement it was not in 4WD. Anywho, I was merging onto the highway which is two lanes each way with a fairly wide culvert between the two. In the slow lane was an old Subaru wagon going about 40mph. I turned on my blinker added some gas and turned a little to move to the fast lane. As I applied gas the truck started to go into a 360. As momentum carried me towards the culvert the truck rotated at just the right angle to hit the snow filled culvert and start it rolling. I was going about 60mph, so there was quite a bit of momenturm.

I didn't think it would roll, just smash into the deep snow and stop. So when it started rolling and the windshield shattered I was surprised! At that point I was concerned that the air bag would inflate and blow all of the snow, ice and glass right into my face, but thankfully it didn't deploy. It rolled 3 times and then it was dead quiet. I opened my eyes and moved my arms and legs, there happened to be a cop right behind me and he came and got me out of the truck. In the end I had a small cut on my head and a few bruises. Had I not been wearing my seat belt I would have been ejected and crushed by the rolling truck.

It had less than 2500 miles on it, but the insurance company totaled it. Then I bought another one! And no, I did not get a ticket.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote