View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #7220 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Ok, so ima ask the age-old question just to see what the general response is:
In a non-tracked situation, where heat dissipation is not a concern, do cross-drilled/slotted rotors perform any better than OEM? One might make the argument that the reater surface area of the OEM rotor might provide better stopping power.

Next question: Can any of you tell me if they personally have (or know someone that has) cracked a rotor that was slotted/drilled? Those that have the Z1-proffered drilled/slotted rotors attest to their composition quality?

I'm just trying to make an educated decision on the mod.

Thanks for your input.

I have no experience on those but after searching throughly in the forum...

I can tell you…:

For street use, no drill/ slotted is needed. If you really need to choose one, my opinion is slotted... why?

Related to the 2nd question, I've seen members posted the pics of the cracked cross-drilled rotors.

Hope it helps...