View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #7206 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Ok, so ima ask the age-old question just to see what the general response is:
In a non-tracked situation, where heat dissipation is not a concern, do cross-drilled/slotted rotors perform any better than OEM? One might make the argument that the reater surface area of the OEM rotor might provide better stopping power.

Next question: Can any of you tell me if they personally have (or know someone that has) cracked a rotor that was slotted/drilled? Those that have the Z1-proffered drilled/slotted rotors attest to their composition quality?

I'm just trying to make an educated decision on the mod.

Thanks for your input.
I have slotted rotors. From what I understand, cross-drilled rotors have a tendency to crack. That's not something I would want to risk.

I believe slotting and drilling are about keeping the rotors cool in extreme conditions, but I could be wrong.