View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #656 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisuke149 View Post
overall, i dont think price should play into car comparisons so much. It should depend on the market / intent of the car.

You compare the GTR to a 911 turbo S and the ferrari's etc because thats the goal Nissan set out for.

The ZR1 is the competitor for the GTR, not the base corvette.

Its like comparing the bmw m3 to the v6 stang, when really the boss is the m3 competitor. Why would you do that?
Well yes and no. Depends what you're doing the comparison for. If you're actually looking to buy the cars then price definitely should come into play. Just performance comparisons maybe not as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
yea i get what your saying and agree. my only thing is that i feel yea ooooo 55K for a base vette is awesome but i could NEVER just get a base model car when all the fun stuff is a option. GTR it's all there no options (besides floormats and red interior in 2014) me buying a vette i'd be super unhappy after a week with a base model or i'd spend $75K for a loaded out Z51.....and then wish i just took another $15K and got Godzilla. see my logic here? lol
I don't think even a fully loaded Z51 would be $75k. That GT-R price you're talking about isn't exactly fully loaded either. The black edition GT-R costs like $10k more IIRC.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote