View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #612 (permalink)
bhk1004
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan GTR
bhk1004 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmofo View Post
Is it a 2009? I would print it up, go dealer to dealer until one will do it for you.

It says pretty clearly:

http://www.the370z.com/attachments/d...lockrecall.pdf

OWNER’S LETTER
Dear Nissan Owner:
Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. We believe that our current and future success depends on your continued satisfaction with Nissan. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding the Steering Column Lock System in your 2009 Nissan GT-R.

REASON FOR SERVICE CAMPAIGN
Your 2009 GT-R is equipped with an Electronic Steering Column Lock (ESCL) that locks the steering wheel when the vehicle is parked and turned off to help prevent theft. On some 2009 GT-R vehicles, excessive oil within the ESCL may cause the On Board Theft Deterrent System to prevent the engine from starting. To avoid any such occurrences, Nissan will replace the ESCL Assembly.

WHAT NISSAN WILL DO
Your Nissan dealer will inspect and if necessary, replace the Electric Steering Column Lock (ESCL) Unit free of charge for parts and labor. WHAT YOU SHOULD DO Contact your Nissan dealer at your earliest convenience in order to arrange an appointment. To ensure the least inconvenience for you, it is important that you have an appointment before bringing your vehicle to the Nissan dealer for service. Please bring this notice with you when you keep your service appointment. Instructions have been sent to your Nissan dealer.
If the dealer fails, or is unable to complete the service free of charge, you may contact the National Consumer Affairs Department, Nissan North America, Inc., P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. The toll free number is 1-866-668-1487.

Is that the 866 number you called?
yup. but the problem is, they are replacing the earlier A and B units for the C unit. My car already had the C unit from the factory and my car is outside of the VIN numbers that are covered.

oh and if you call them, they still maintain this is not a recall, and is only a technical service bulletin. lol.
bhk1004 is offline   Reply With Quote