View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #602 (permalink)
fritz
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z M6
fritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to behold

akmofo wrote:
When the switch is depressed (there's only in, no half-way as theorized by Fritz in other post). 1 and 6 get disconnected and 2,3,4,5 are all connected.
Not this Fritz! Disconnection/Connection is complete at half-way in or earlier but I advised not to over-push the switch(es) to the limit(s).

Confirmed again: the two switches change at about half way and nothing in between! (They're also easily available cheaply from your electronics parts shop...as are the Omron relays.)

That apart::::the important thing to note is that the brown wire passes both positive and negative. On car testing with voltages is ill-advised and the "fuse" is thus...er... confused!

Also see my several posts and threads on this: The board fits (fitted) neatly in an eyeglass case which fits nicely in the car thus saving dead weight...but testers in Europe (and some states) need a steering lock so I progressed from there with the "switch optional" thread which also adds vehicle security.

Regards,

Fritz
fritz is offline   Reply With Quote