View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 AM   #172 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

*This is also added to the 1st post.*

Update: 1/27/2013 about 1:30 am PST!

More pictures as promised. Below I will show you 13 additional pictures of the "Prototype" TT kit fully assembled on the engine. Following the pictures will be a FAQ with answers following up each question.

Question: Why are the BOV's (Blow Off Valves) welded in the innercooler?

Answer: In order to (properly) relieve pressure off of the system the BOV's should be post innercooler. In this case they are. You should put them as close to the throttle bodies as possible, however we did not want to put them too close to the MAF's. To close to the MAF's will can create turbulence in the intake tubes. This will cause the MAF's to work improperly. Now in our case we chose to weld them directly to the top of the innercooler for aesthetics, ease of installation and symmetry.

Question: What size is the innercooler tubing and why is it that size?

Answer: The innercooler tubing is 2.50" all the way though with the exception of directly out of the turbo's. The silicone transition out of them goes from 2.0" to 2.5" virtually immediately. After doing extensive research we are confident that this specific car does not need anything larger. The 370Z lacks low end torque and we want the turbo's to spool as fast as possible. We are however prepared to test 2.75" if need be. As for 3" as the intake tubes, yes aesthetically they look aggressive but from a performance standpoint we feel that intake tubes that large will create turbo lag.

Question: Is the innercooler made up of one or two cores?

Answer: The innercooler is one core. It is however completely sealed directly in the middle. Each side is fully independent to the other. We have a left to right passage and with one core you are able to achieve more cooling rows. This will allow for better cooling and in the end a more efficient innercooler.

Question: Are we able to keep our crash bar with this innercooler?

Answer: Unfortunately no you cannot keep your (stock) crash bar. To do so would cause us to use a much smaller innercooler core. In addition the power steering cooler would have to be virtually up against the radiator and the innercooler as well. This would cut off a lot of air flow to your radiator and guaranteed to make your car run hotter. The coolant and oil temps are already hot. We did not want to add to the issue! *NOTE: We may develop and offer an aftermarket crash bar before the kit is in full production.*

Question: Why did you choose to put the air filters in their current location?

Answer: As you can see from the filter to the turbo inlet the bend is extremely minimal. The straighter shot, the faster the turbo's will spool. In addition this is a good location to keep the air filters from potentially hydro locking. For those of you who like to take your car underwater!

Question: Will the innercooler tubes always be welded together in multiple pieces like in these pictures?

Answer: Once in production, all but 1 maybe 2 out of the 8 innercooler tubes will be in one piece. There should only be 1-2 welds in all of the tubing.

Question: Will the wastegates recirculate back in to the exhaust?

Answer: Yes, pre stock catalytic converter location. For testing purposes at the dyno we will dump them into the atmosphere. We will most likely need to change wastegate spring pressure on the dyno and for ease of access having the recirculation tubes off and out of the way will speed things up.

I think that this covers it for now. Please enjoy and do not hesitate to ask any questions at all.

Stay tuned, installed pictures will follow suite next with the dyno session shortly to follow.

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"

Last edited by F.I. Inc.; 01-27-2013 at 03:44 AM.
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote