View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute
Default PRS Z06 10k... But why?

So, I was at a music store earlier today, when I saw this...

( Click to show/hide )

Now, Paul Reed Smith guitars can be very pricey, particularly their top-of-the-line models, and run around 3000-4000 dollars. This being a limited version, it's not too shocking that it's 10k. But what got me was that it is a Z06 edition. That's what's propping the price up. Regardez...

( Click to show/hide )

Look, I'm all for the Corvette Z06, and Paul Reed Smith guitars. These are a few of my favorite things.

But there's no way I'd drop ten G's on a guitar just because it said "Z06", and I guess this guitar had to be made before the ZR1 came out, because the Z06 isn't even the top Vette anymore. And even if they come out with a new Z06, this guitar has "505 hp" spackled on it.

Talk about a niche market item!

Just thought I'd share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0375.jpg (68.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0373.jpg (121.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0374.jpg (152.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0372.jpg (162.5 KB, 101 views)