View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBoy View Post
So took my Z back to the dealership today to follow up on my car burning up oil so quick. After waiting for a while Nick comes up to me with a serious face and asks if I need anything out of my car. I was like "just my CDs why?" He tells me that I have a rental car waiting for me outside due to a serious engine oil consumption problem and that it's rare to see it in 370Zs Then explains that they are gonna have to rebuild my engine. So for now i'm driving around in a rental Ford Fusion.
Not good. It is not rare for oil consumption in the 370Z, as your tech stated. Also, per the TSB, they owe you a short block, not a rebuild.

TSB for oil consumption on the VQ37VHR.