View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #285 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
Awesome... Have you removed the breather lines that connect the intake and that go to the valve cover?

Because the two you capped and added a filter to I believe can be completely removed!
None of these lines go to the valve cover or the intake. Only the line I capped off goes to the EVAP sensor and then that is connected to the manifold (which could be the intake system). I've removed all of that too. The sensor, vaccum lines (rubber and hard lines), and capped the manifold ports. If you look behind the manifold there is a series of two hard lines. One is vaccum and the other was for the throttle bodies coolant passage in which I deleted that also.

I just haven't got to removing the line capped off cause it routes under the car in all direction and I didn't want to fool with it yet. So far as the line that is filtered I was under the assumption it has to be there for the tank to work proper and vent it's self. Such as for the flapper when filling and for when it's hot it releases pressure in the tank. I see what your saying though about not needing the filter and line would serve the same purpose but by adding a filter (and leaving the line intact) in the location as I did it directs the fumes to the rear of the car where the air will pull them out.