View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
... In any case, I see this as an interesting approach to reduced emissions and better fuel economy.
It may be able to improve emissions, but this HHO-gives-better-performance/economy horse has been proven to be dead already. You can't get more out of a system than you put in. It takes a certain amount of energy to break water apart - unless lorenz1955 has discovered some quantum effect that allows one to break water apart with less than normal energy AND managed to scale it up to real world levels, he's blowing smoke up our collective a$$.

Quote:
The fact that he is using a 370Z just makes it that much more interesting and, probably, better for PR!
Exactly. If you were Nissan and you were funding/supporting a project like this, would you keep quiet about it? Or would you issue press releases announcing your funding of the project and more releases as progress was made? If I am wrong and Nissan has made these announcements, please let me know.

Quote:
This technology reminds me a lot of the Ballard fuel cell as well. Not efficient enough to meet daily use but massive research is being put into it and progress is being made...
Apples and oranges.