View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #606 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCspartan09 View Post
Mine just died today at lunch. Went to start, light was flashing, wouldn't start with the key in the fobgina, couldn't get it to go to ACC for the life of me. Had to have it thrown on the flat bed and taken to nearby nissan dealer.

I understand that sometimes yanking on the steering wheel up and down, or tapping on the unit under the steering column can sometimes get it to unlock and allow starting the vehicle and subsequently pulling the fuse. What I haven't really seen much response to is when the SLU fails but in the unlocked position (e.g., never locked after shutting down the engine, and can freely turn the wheels while its off). Sounds like pulling the fuse at this point WONT fix it.

Can anyone help with recommendations on what I CAN do tomorrow when I stop by the dealer to get the car to ACC/ON so I can pull the fuse? Thank you.
your saying yours died while in the unlocked position?

chances are that when it is dying, its giving a dead signal to the ecu thus making it not start.

pulling the fuse may give it a different response. so perhaps if you just pulled the fuse as it is now (unlocked) it may start?
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote