View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
redline727
Base Member

Drives: '13 MUSTANG GT 6MT
redline727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
I agree. Looking at how it broke (such a weird spot) I was thinking that maybe they over-tightened it as well. This oil cooler was bought from and installed by this same Dealership too but it was a while ago (over a year).
Do you have the work order from when they put the oil cooler in? I would say if you do and there is nothing stating that by installing that part that they sold and installed for you would effect your warranty in any way your repair should be covered. Now that specific part may not have a warranty on it through Nissan, which I believe even though its a "Nissan Motorsports" oil cooler it's not covered by Nissans parts warranty but it should not hold any bearing on your factory warranty covering your repair bc the dealer sold it and installed it.

I'm a service advisor for BMW a we have a similar relationship with Dinan. My dealership is an authorized Dinan install facility. So if you buy any Dinan performance parts or software and we install it, it does not affect your warranty in any way. Now we won't warranty Dinan parts so if you buy a Dinan exhaust and a weld fails and leaks you have to go through Dinan for any applicable part warranty and you pay for labor for removal and reinstall. But if you come in with same vehicle and we find your factory catalytic converter flange cracked I can't say its not covered bc you have Dinan exhaust that we installed. Make sense? Which to me seems like the type of case you have here with your dealership and your oil cooler. Now if your vehicle is out of warranty it may be tougher to get done especially since the oil cooler was installed over a year ago. Either way I would still push for your repair to be covered if you were my customer if it makes you feel better.

Good luck hope all works out.

Last edited by redline727; 01-23-2013 at 09:29 PM.
redline727 is offline   Reply With Quote