View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
houkouonchi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 GT-R '10 M6 370z
houkouonchi has a spectacular aura abouthoukouonchi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr750 View Post
Look for the smoking gun or cause and effect, most likely the dealer put stress on the oil pan or used it as a jacking point during your clutch work.

When you go to the dealer bring your own roll of paper towels and Fantasic Spray Cleaner and wipe down and look for obvious signs of damage or stress or distortion from service jacks or stands etc.

More than likely the service tech screwed something up.
Bleh saw this too late.. So anyway verizon cancelled my order so I was able to make it down there today and I took pics..

The guy did not describe it very well over the phone. I basically did lose the line to my oil cooler... except that it didnt break where you would have thought it did. Basically where the oil cooler attachment threaded in it took a chunk out of the oil cooler pan (breaking it off) which caused the oil leak. They are being iffy on warranty though because they are still acting like its fault of the oil cooler saying the weight and what not from the oil cooler/lines caused stress and ****... Sigh...

Anyway they do say that they think the engine is ok but they will do a compression test later to know for sure. Here are pics:

houkouonchi is offline   Reply With Quote