View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYZ View Post
I installed my TWM this weekend (finally). I had it sitting at the house for about 2 months. I like it, and it's really short, but the engagement effort is really high. It feels super mechanical. Is that normal, or could they have installed it wrong? It feels like I really have to force it into each gear with significant effort. It also has a slight rattle when the shifter vibrates a lot. If I push down on the knob (as if engaging the reverse lockout) it stops. Does anyone have anymore insight on this? This is the first manual car I have owned, so I don't have a ton of experience with how these should feel.
IMO, you need to get a higher weight knob. I use a PWJDM knob that weighs 400g. Without that, the shifter feels extremely mechanical. The only gear that I would say takes excess effort to get into is 6th, and that's just because of the angle. Everything else is perfect.

I would not recommend the TWM without a weighted shift knob. Those two together, however, are bliss.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote