View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 AM   #55 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Update: The shop I had the car towed to, I told the insurance company was NOT the place I wanted to do the work, it was only towed there because that was the shop that happened to send the wrecker when the police called.

I came to see why it had not been transferred to the chosen shop to be worked on, and saw my car in parts on their shop floor. They told me they were "working on it". That they had started repairs. WTF?! I did not authorize that, in fact, I said to the insurance agent that they were NOT! the shop. Further, I got an estimate from them that I had not been told about, and they are going to REPAIR my rear bumper!? WTF It's a 2012 with 17K miles and a bunch of F'ed up parts, and you're going to REPAIR and BUFF OUT and FIBERGLASS (or whatever) the bumper!?

F THAT!

I also have run into some medical problems because of this. It's been stressing me the F out, and for the first time in 27 years, never before happened, I had a legit panic attack and was taken to the ER (I work in a hospital, so basically I was taken to another floor where our ER is). My EKG showed ST wave depression, QT interval of mid 500ms, and my BP was 190/90's and "resting" HR was 130's. I had been stressing over this wreck, the car, and I guess there is a subconscious component of having been in the wreck, according to my MD, and had a bit of a stressful night at work, and it all piled up and got me taken to the ER. I've had bad nights before, easily worse, and it didn't result in this. It wasn't "getting worked up". It was a PHYSICAL type thing. I can't explain it, and I didn't even know it existed in the way it does. I legitimately thought I was having an MI, and I work critical care for a living. I'm not trying to milk this or anything. I have prescriptions for Valium and Xanax and have not filled them yet, even. I'm legitimately worried this might happen again.

On the bright side, my family MD did another EKG today (well, yesterday, technically) and it was completely normal, my QT interval was in the mid 300's, and no ST depression was shown. He is saying it was a stress reaction and that the wreck definitely contributed (Wreck was Jan 15, I had this episode around 7am Jan 18).

Anyway, all of this going on, I just turned it over to my lawyer and he is going to figure out WTF!? someone was thinking authorizing MY PROPERTY to be torn apart WITHOUT my knowledge or consent. Further, make sure I am properly reimbursed for all of this other mess.

Oh, Jan 16 was my birthday. F my life for the time being

Last edited by ImportConvert; 01-23-2013 at 02:07 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote