View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #164 (permalink)
R0bDC
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
R0bDC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza370z View Post
Well, you might want to try it ONCE(if you never tried this before) and feel it for yourself. But, do it in a large empty parking lot! Rev your rpm to 3k while holding the clutch and shift into the 1st gear. Then just dump the clutch and floor the gas pedal. It will bring your pleasure to a new level I bet you will love it. It's bad for your clutch and transmission IF you do it again and again. But dump the clutch is better than feather the clutch. And again, do it once just for your experience. Never do it on a public road!

Sounds like you didn't shift into a proper gear according to the actual traveling speed or you didn't rev match correctly or you didn't rev match at all! Do you have SRM on? If you are at 40 mph in 4th or 5th gear and you clutch in too long, the RPM drops and you try to downshift without rev match? Then it will have some resistence to let you put into a lower gear coz that will damage your car.
Idk what "Rev Match" is. The scenario I gave was not accurate, the only accurate thing I said there was that I sometimes press the clutch, the stick is on neutral and I let the momentum take me for 5-10 seconds before I shift.

Also idk what SRM is, I probably should've done more research. I do want to add that I'm not a total screw up, I've been driving for the past 6 months, I've taken my car to the heart of San Francisco, to downtown, thru the bay bridge, the golden gate the feared hills, etc. I survive all of this so I can drive, but I'm always looking to improve.
R0bDC is offline   Reply With Quote