View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #161 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bDC View Post
Whats Wot? hahahaha

Let me give you a quick Scenario.

Im driving down a 40mph zone straight line. Im on 4th gear. I Press the clutch all the way, Im still going at a decent pace with the momentum........5 seconds later when the car has slowed down to 35MPH I try to shift to keep going

Is that bad for the car? Should I not do that?
WOT is nothing that you need to concern yourself with at this time

Don't pay as much attention to your speed as your RPMs. In your scenario, are you downshifting to 3rd? If you are, you will need to give a little bit of gas in preparation for the shift - your RPMs in 4th should be about 2500 I think, so in the middle of your shift (while in neutral) give enough gas to raise the RPMs to around 3000 and then finish the shift. You shouldn't slow down 5 mph during a shift... and it definitely shouldn't take 5 secs...

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote