View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
RonZwanson
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Black MT Sport
RonZwanson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurnon View Post
How big of tires did you go in the rear?

Also, I have the same issue as you and even with 275's on the base 18"s- I can still hear vibrations. It is reduced though, like you mentioned.

If you have the time, call GTM Mat and order their sample of material and do your trunk. That might help a ton..

If I decide to buy their midpipe, im definitely going to have to mat my trunk
I have the stock sport package size tires. (275/35/19) They're a different tire though than stock. They're Potenzas, but they're the S04 Pole Positions.

I drove around briefly yesterday on my way to work, and the buzz was still basically gone. It only happened when I really got on it once, which I can probably deal with since I don't do that a whole lot.

However, in another fun turn of events, I drove around BRIEFLY because when I got back in my car after stopping for lunch, STEERING LOCK. I knew I shouldn't have been putting that off like I have... So the Z's at Nissan. Thank god I bought an extended warranty. It's left me stranded twice in 6 months. (Last time was clutch cylinder crapping out.)

I did put some generic matting in the trunk about a year ago when I put in my subwoofer, but I did an admittedly crappy job. It was cold, and I was short on time and patience, so I kinda half-assed it. I should probably go back and do a better job.

Oh, and I see you have plastidip in your signature. What did you use it on? I'm planning to gloss-blackify my wheels because the coating on them is flaking off. (another aggravation) Did you get the results you were looking for?