View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #52 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with most of what Red_Zed has said

Again, if it was a piece that really ruined the engine, we WOULD see at least ONE damn failure or engine blowing up, lol
I have seen a broken pulley due to shite installation...
Just saying that at least if the parts were made bad we'd have more than ONE failure... But I don't think we do... And a lot of us BEAT on our cars, people track with them too

And about the harmonics thing, (again, I'm not an engineer) but lets be real, cast iron isn't a precise science, under heat it can expand and stretch more UNEVENLY than billet aluminum, messing with those harmonics, yeah, 8k RPMs is fast, but I think the amount of play in the pulley will be there with out without that BS rubber band...

Ex: most people think glass is a solid... Watch Mythbusters where they break wine glasses with sound, that bítch bends and wobbles as much as any liquid I have seen (yeah for the record, glass is more a liquid btw) so what makes us think the unrefined MASS produced pulley doesn't wobble that much...

And I also think it's one of those scenarios where the manufacturer tries to make things NICE...
They TRY to make the intake boxes flush, they try (maybe not in our cars) to make them quiet (the exhaust is), they Make the engine mounts and trans mounts rubber... Things like that...
And I bet those intake boxes were "engineered" 15-100 times more than any Stillen, AEM, or Takeda intake, why? To make it quiet or nice looking...

Replace those bushings and intakes and exhausts, the car gets louder, it becomes sharper, you get more power... (they make the car for the 90%, not us forum ássholes 10%, lol)

Last edited by DEpointfive0; 01-21-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: EDIT for better facts