View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #49 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
from what i read OP is that pulley mods will give you like 2-3whp in 1st gear, 1-2whp in 2nd, and 3rd all gains are negated from the underdrive pulley

honestly it isnt worth the money and the risk, if you want better throttle response, buy a light weight flywheel or have up rev change the throttle tables

the only situation i can see a pulley being worth the money is when you are building an N/A race car and you were given the car for free and given a budget to spend on building the car, then picking up 3whp here and there will add up and might give you the upper hand in the race
Again, this is arguably the most polarizing issue here on the forum, and we ain't getting anywhere quickly

Let's leave it to the car owners to install of not install these... If anyone bought a kit and feels it's unsafe, feel free to contact me and I'll lowball you for a quick sale, LOL

I'm not an engineer although I'd really like to think I am... If these REALLY caused premature failure in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, there would be overwhelming evidence showing that... We unfortunately are all ASSuming what counterweight this, harmonic that, and pulling quotes from the Internet and other forums, which can be the LEAST reliable sources of information...
I DO believe and will state again that shítty install causes pulley issues...

I have a Stillen 20% under drive, would I ever take it off? No, will I continue to install one on every car I own? Yes
Hell, I already have a kit for the Maxima I am forcing my dad to buy, lol

Some of us (7AT) don't have a flywheel, and it's also about removing rotational mass, so the car feels peppier. I try to explain it as, "Have you ever driven a car with a lightweight flywheel? Well this is like 10% as much as that does"

If it makes díck difference, I'll ask my best friend's dad who IS an engine engineer (for Cummins diesel though) if he has any input