View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to Denver. Mileage prediction.

Parked my baby in the airport lot for the last time on California. I'm putting her up on a moving van next time I'm out for shipping to Colorado. Ill let you know how she does up in the thin air of my other home. (9000 feet).

Might have to supercharge her if the air turns out to be too thin. On the other hand, enforcement is used as tax collection in Colorado so maybe it will be better to lose a couple dozen horses just to keep my speedy urges in check... We'll see. I'm also interested to see what happens to mileage in the thinner air. (Less drag, less air/fuel flow through the engine) I'm guessing I go from average 22 to average 26. (Mostly highway miles up there and slower speeds due to an average of 3 speed traps on my 55mile commute)

Anybody care to bet how my hp and mileage will change. I'm going to Uprev a high altitude map upon arrival so I should get some dyno numbers pretty soon. MPG will be done over my second fuel stop using a at the pump prediction.

I currently average 21.9 over my last 15 tanks.

I get 319 at the wheels in San Jose California. I'm guessing 290??? At 7000 feet (Denver tuner shop)

Anyhow stay tuned for my data.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote