View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
MarkGideon
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Base
MarkGideon is on a distinguished road
Default Another AXXESS Question--Connections

I am trying to get the Axxess module wired up and am a bit confused by the wire connections. Per the instructions, so far I have Axxess Black to my Crutchfield supplied connector Ground wire (which I will ground to the HU bracket), and the Axxess Red to the Crutchfield supplied Red switched power wire. This is where I am getting mixed up.

The Crutchfield connector Red switched wire is in the position of Pin #16. The Axxess instructions state to connect the Axxess Red wire to a 12v accessory wire, the Gray/Red wire to Pin #16 of the vehicle, and the Gray/Blue to Pin # 6 of the vehicle. The Pin # 6 connection I am OK with. However, if I connect the Gray/Red to Pin #16, will that not be the same as the Red wire connected already? Or, is that the way it needs to be connected?

I have searched through every Axxess thread I found, for hours now, but still am not SURE what I need to do. What am I missing here?

2012 370Z Base Gun Metallic--2015 Altima 2.5SV Gun Metallic--2020 Chevy Silverado RST--1965 Chevy C10 Stepside Shortbed
MarkGideon is offline   Reply With Quote