View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that, but if the CSC is bad then you probably lose fluid. If fluid levels didn't change, it's probably air bubble stuck in the master cylinder.

My tech also tried to pump bleed, but it made things worse (no pressure). After almost an hour, it was air trapped in the master so the plunger didn't have any seal without fluid. This is where he disconnected the clutch pedal from the plunger, filled up the reservoir, and manually pushed the plunger to squeeze all the air out. Eventually he started feeling pressure and reconnected everything. Then it was about 25-30 manual pumps several times before getting pressure again.

[EDIT] Oh you didn't get a new master cylinder? I replaced mine at the same time with the CSC because these things are weak! After replacing the clutch disc, I went ahead and replaced the CSC and master cylinder again.

Also make sure he bench bleed the master cylinder to prime it and does not make any attempt to pump bleed it.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 01-18-2013 at 03:32 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote