View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwing View Post
So you shift your car at 7500 rpm redline every time you shift?
Hellz yeah!!

.....but only if I don't feel like shifting in 20 feet

This transmission isn't perfect. It's noisy, clunky........sounds like a cement mixer with rocks or possibly a midget with a hammer. It's far from refined, but it's really not as bad as you make it seem. I think what throws a lot of people off is that they're use to listening to the engine speeds when shifting. The problem with that is the VQ37 is sounds like a can of bees at high rpm's. It's really harsh to say the least once you get past 4,000 rpm's. Coming from an RX-8 that hit 9k rpm's without the drama... the Z took some getting use to. I guess my point is, there are plenty of things to complain about... but complaining about having to shift gear in a car with manual transmission seems kind of silly.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote