View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
JTTZR
Base Member

Drives: Renault Megane RS265
JTTZR is on a distinguished road
Default Got my Stillen CBE installed today

Hey Guys,

I've been pretty quiet for a while since work has been incredibly busy.

But guess what? I finally came around to ordering my Stillen exhaust and getting it installed today.

While it's early days with it and the pipes are just getting burnt in properly I have to say that I like the piece very much.

Yes, it came on the market as one of the first, but that's exactly why I ordered it in the end: it puts down really good power, many people have put thousands of kilometres on it (and you can feel how sturdy it is) and they will sell it for a competitive price now (thanks Kenny).

The one thing I had to adjust to is the diameter of the exhaust - the thing is big. The sound, however, is perfect in conjunction with the HFC's. Some hissing there, yes, but much less than with the stock exhaust that I had on previously. And much less than the Exoticspeed that was on before that (which was poor quality in the end).

As for the exhaust tips - they do not stick out at all. Which confirms what people have been saying of latest. The tips are pretty well aligned (all three exhausts I have had on the car were misaligned on the right - so I put it down to the build) and there is really good clearance to the crossmember (where the exoticspeed exhaust failed as well).

Day 1 - I am really enjoying the exhaust. Maybe the tips could have been a tiny weeny bit thinner, but I am sure I will get used to it.

Cheers.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

2014 Renault Megane R.S. Cup 265
Pipercross Panel Filter // Fastchip Stage 1 ECU remap
JTTZR is offline   Reply With Quote