View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon-fresh View Post
Oh yea, I remember when people thought the Z wasn't shite. Oh how things change.

I don't think the z is shyt. We just have a few fanboys that switched brands that have the power of influence on our cars.

Also No one is realistic about the Z. When i say the Z's real competitor is the 3.7 mustang when comparing to a mustang GT 5.0. I get responses that are like saying my comparison is bullyish and unfair. but stats are stats, and that's how we pin cars against each other in the interim.

if the 3.7 mustang is
305hp/280lbs tq, weighs 3400lbs,is rwd, offers manual and auto
If the Genesis coupe 3.8, is
348hp/290lbs tq 3400lbs, rwd, offers manual and auto.
And the Z is
332hp/270lbs tq,3300lbs, rwd and auto and manual.

All are v6's all are close in price to the Z if you stick with Base/Sport on the z vs the loaded versions of these cars. The car is designed to be the superior V6. NOT A V8.

while the Z has power that compares to a Dodge challenger R/T and the pre-genration mustang 4.6 and pontiac GTO. Its still a v6.

too many people have expected the Z to be miraculously fast car against V8's based on its v6 superiority.

It's like looking at the half glass full than half empty... Instead of seeing the Z is faster than ALL N/A v6 to $50k and a few turbo v6's. BMW135i & 335i. they choose to say, look it's NOT faster than a V8.

When you're mentality is like that? You're a either a Fanboi or a Jocker. People choose to look at things a certain way for ego, and not factual substance...

Fact is, the Z is a V6. I don't pin it against BRZ's or 5.0's. Because of that, I'm clear as to what i have without having to compare TOTALLY DIFFERENT "purpose built cars against mine.
The porsche cayman is purpose built to my Z... Know why it's $25k more asis from more refined porsche feel through better materials. MR. That said, the Z and Cayman are the closest competitors.
If people were realistic, they'd know the Z stands independent and is a Tried and True sports car.

C&D,ALSO easily influenced the train of thought of people. Shows how independent minded most are.

PS for some odd reason the Z is rated 332hp in the US and 326hp outland. And that's not a PS rating, it's hp.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 01-17-2013 at 01:47 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote