View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #2771 (permalink)
xdeslitx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Yaris
xdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to xdeslitx Send a message via Yahoo to xdeslitx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
When you get the lower back, check the mag well first thing, make sure your magazines all drop free easily. Some of these group buys are getting lowers that are labeled as blems, but are actually out-of-spec. CMMG has been notorious for that. In their defense, CMMG does label them as out of spec, but the distributers do not and they go to dealers that think they're just cosmetic blems. OTOH, one could wonder why CMMG is selling out-of-spec lowers at all instead of just trashing them like a quality mfgr would do. Given the intense buying pressure in the current environment, some of the less scrupulous mfgrs are letting some seriously QA-impaired stuff out the door.

Also, DPMS LPK's tend to be Chinese imports. Check to make sure you're not having trouble with the bolt-catch and mag release...they have a tendency to be out of spec. The biggest problem in such LPK's, however, is usually the safety selector. The B.A.D.A.S.S that you chose instead, however is absolutely top notch.
The group buy should be good quality forgings...its was a CalGuns Foundation Donation Group Buy. Its not something that the company had lying around. They're actually being forged just for the group buy.

As for the mag release, I have to use a Bullet Button here in cali so I'll be using the Raddlock instead of the one that comes with the kit. I'll keep an eye on the bolt catch though thanks

Another problem is, I have no damn magazine to check the mag well
xdeslitx is offline   Reply With Quote