View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #4996 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

goooodam everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
thanks mr.alcheng. but man, that thing looks like a science experiment? would go well with my old crt imac though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post

No sir... no shot on butt please......

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
It's situations like these that makes me glad that I'm not an audiophile. If it works, and is crisp and tight...I'm happy.
mr.happy- you're doing fine!

if one knows anything about audio, having nice speakers is only about 1/3 of the equation. the rest is room modes...meaning, the listening environment has to be controlled, then caliberated..and the audio source. and klipsh imho sounds like crap. honestly speaking, having a good set of headphones is much better if going on a budget.

in my music room, i use near field monitors by yamaha, placed on monitor stands with acoustic isolators, room with baffles to control reflection, 31band per channel EQ and noise generators to calibrate the monitors to the room. overall cost is cheap... like $2K tops with everything included.

it has sound that translates well to other sound systems including headphones and computer speakers. basically what you hear is what you get.

then you have times where i just want to watch youtube or hear mp3's in the background. i dont run my monitors for that. i just use a small USB computer speaker that hangs on the LCD of my MBP . (sounds good for wat it is).

Amazon.com: Logitech USB Laptop Speaker Z305: Electronics

not sure why they list for $119...cause i only paid $45 at target.

the reason why i want the 2.1 is i dont have much room left in my music room as i ready have 2 completely independent systems running in there. one for playing/screwing around, one for composition. i want the cheapo 2.1 to use for practice. ive been using my headphones but my wife says there are many times i dont hear her and the kids when they are calling me. hahahaha...