View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
abel2627
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z
abel2627 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby1113 View Post
The G3s are amazing and get crazy gains, but you will have to remove the bumper to install them and clean the filters when they are dirty. If you want some CAIs that do not require the bumper to be removed take a look at the k&n typhoon intakes. They are short ram intakes and do not require the removal of the bumper, but they do give you some power..not as much as G3 but still. It's a compromise.

As far as exhaust it really depends what you are looking for in sound. It also depends how long you are willing to wait and spend. If money and time is not an issue then check out the F.I. CBE, it's amazing. If you can't wait and want a good exhaust with bark and deep tone check out the ARK exhaust. I personally prefer my exhaust to be quiet at idle so I like the invidia gemini. A really good set up that I recommend is a tanabe exhaust with a motordyne y pipe. A fellow Z enthusiast recommended it to me and it sounded amazing but it's a little too loud of me at the moment. Hope this helped! Take care of the Z!

Well i think i might go for the Stillen gen 3s, the guys at HP Logic who tuned my 350z was telling me that if i dont go for the Gen 3s then short rams are not worth it, they say just keep the stock airboxes instead, so i might go for the stillens, and as far as exhaust i like the mellow and quiet note at iddle and cruisimg but once u open the throttle i like to hear it scream..... I was really liking the Invidia Gemini souds quiet and deep but for sure am getting the Motordyne Art Pipes with the exhaust i get, F.i exhaust looks really good and a lot of people like it, i went to their page and they are selling it for $1k+ but i think that for that price i rather go with the Ark Grip, i dont know just an opinion, i dont like the dual exhaust sound like the AAM or HKS i like the dual but with X pipe like the Ark the Berk and the Fast intentions... The Tanabe sounds really good but i think is too expensive and it doesnt even come with the Y pipe, but i still have time to save some cash and buy parts, install them on one day and then tune some other day, and i am loving the 370 is just a total different car from the 350 i dont know they feel a lot different, if i took care of the 350 as if it was my everything lol i think i will do the same with the 370z........... Thanks a lot for the help.... Am thinking i might get the Stillen Gen 3s then thanks a lot
abel2627 is offline   Reply With Quote